– Jim was considered for President Trump’s Secretary of Education; however he says his most precious success is his wife Chemene. He also has 3 children and 2 grandchildren and has been a member of CornerStone Christian Fellowship for 35 years.
– Those individuals who truly know Jim Blockey call him a remarkable man as he stands up for what he believes no matter the pain it may cause him. He is an author of the book “Public Schools The Worst Case of Child Abuse in American History” was originally titled “Teachers… It Ain’t Your Fault.” When the school learned of the existence of the book they fabricated a story against Jim and suspended him; a suspension that would last fourteen months. The week the book was initially released the school district terminated him for unthinkable reasons.
– Jim is a doer and a fighter so he, of course, fought the school district and their vindictiveness. Eight months later he was totally vindicated and was given his job back as well as receiving full compensation of all benefits and wages. The school district made the mistake of believing Jim would simply go away and it cost them dearly.
– Jim was born in St. Paul Minnesota in 1954 and raised in an era and a family that valued respect and consideration for others. So it is no surprise that he would find it difficult to teach in an era that is only looking out for themselves. This VLOG is going to be very controversial to a lot of people as it brings you the truth and exposes the dirty little secrets of the dying education system.
– He is known as an “achiever” as he founded two local chapter of the Christian Educators Association as an alternative for teachers to the National Education Association (NEA). Jim was known to be the major reason that local membership of the NEA dropped from over ninety percent to well under eighty percent as he shed light on the evils of the NEA.
– He was a High School Sports Official for over twenty years and has been a teacher for twenty-two years in the Clark County School District, dealing with the most problematic and challenging students. Thirteen of those years he spent mentoring children in Juvenile Jail and another eight teaching expelled students.
– An Air Force veteran, Jim also took his talents to the political field when he ran for the United States Congress in 1998 and 2000. He was the conservative voice for teachers in an attempt to bring back America to its foundation. Although defeated in both attempts that did not deter his drive to return America to its once greatness or his effort to fix an education system that has been deteriorating for so many years. Jim’s published letters to the editor of a local newspaper, several articles published on internet news wires and writing his own blog, although have put a bulls-eye on him, have genuinely opened the eyes of many local leaders in the community.
– Jim believes a man’s character is determined not by what he does, but by what he fails to do. He says, “If we stand by and do nothing to fix what God has given us the ability to fix; why are we here?” When asked if he regrets taking such a stand, Jim said, “Not even a little; and if my Congressional run, the books and now this VLOG can make a difference in what happens in our classrooms, how glorious would that be for America’s children and ultimately for America.”